Years ago, one of my favorite lunches was a fast-food baked potato topped with broccoli, cheese sauce, and bacon bits. I gave up the bright-yellow cheese sauce and the salty bacon substitute, but I still love the flavors of bacon, broccoli, and cheese.
Enter these twice baked potatoes stuffed with chopped broccoli, crumbled bacon, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. Yum! 🙂
These are the perfect side dish to a nice, juicy steak, or all on their own as a hearty lunch.
Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes
|1 head||Fresh Broccoli, finely chopped|
|1/2 cup||Sour Cream|
|1 cup||Shredded Cheddar|
|1/4 cup||Shredded Parmesan Cheese|
|Salt and Pepper to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Scrub Potatoes. Puncture with fork, and wrap each potato tightly in foil.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, until tender.
- Meanwhile, place bacon on a baking tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes until crisp.
- Cool bacon and potatoes for about a half hour.
- Slice the top off of the baked potatoes. Using a spoon, scoop out most of the potato into a large bowl, taking care not to tear the skin.
- Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes. Add the sour cream, and continue mashing until smooth. Add more sour cream if needed.
- Crumble the bacon. Add bacon, broccoli, and cheddar cheese to the potatoes, and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. (I used the masher to make sure everything was incorporated).
- Stuff the potato mixture back into the potato skins. This will be heaped on top.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until warmed through and cheese is browned.
- Enjoy! 🙂
I like a half potato as a side, or a whole potato as a meal. To rewarm, I just pop it in the oven for about a half hour until it is hot. Enjoy!
Do you have a favorite potato dish? A yummy side dish that takes you back to childhood? Please share! ❤