I found myself with a touch of a sweet tooth after work last week, and editing my culinary cozy mystery was not helping the issue. When my main character whipped up a batch of biscotti, it seemed like the perfect time to try a new recipe.
This makes a lot of biscotti, but they freeze up very nicely. Just take them out for a half hour or so before you want to eat them. Home-baked treat whenever you want them. 🙂
Chocolate Chip Pecan Biscotti
|2 Cups||All Purpose Flour|
|1 tsp.||Ground Cinnamon|
|1 tsp.||Baking Powder|
|4 Tbsp.||Cold Butter, cut in chunks|
|1 Cup||Good-quality Dark Chocolate Chips or Coarsely Chopped Dark Chocolate|
|1 Cup||Chopped Pecans|
|1 tsp.||Vanilla Extract|
|1/2 tsp.||Almond Extract|
|Course Sugar (Optional)|
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the Flour, Sugar, Cinnamon, Baking Powder, and Salt. Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender or 2 butter knives until incorporated and crumbly.
- Add eggs, and stir until incorporated. Stir in remaining ingredients, then knead in bowl until fully combined.
- Place dough on a floured surface. Knead a few more times, then divide in half. Shape each half into a log about 2 inches wide and 1 inch tall.
- Place on baking sheet, and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then slice each log into 1/2 inch slices, cut on a diagonal. Lay each slice on its side on the baking sheet. They can be close, but not touching the other cookies. Bake an additional 15-20 minutes until golden brown and firm.
- Cool completely on cooling racks. The biscotti will continue to harden as they cool.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Off to work–with a tasty treat in my lunch bag. Hope you have a wonderful day! ❤️